CaresAct Expands Benefits
Family/Medical Leave Act Link to information regarding expansion of these benefits in CaresAct due to Covid19.
Workers benefits Chart This chart contains links to information regarding: Disability, Paid Family Leave, Unemployment Insurance (California), Workers’ Compensation, Paid Sick Leave
New California Website for people who’ve lost jobs, are seeking jobs, and help with food, money, shelter, childcare, job training. All levels of jobs. onwardca.org
Covid19 Care and Prevention
Preventing Spread LA County Public Health Department instructions on sanitizing to prevent spread of coronavirus.
Resources for Families with Children
Children’s Defense Fund Covid19 Hub
From Public Broadcasting Systems
When I’m scared: https://pbskids.org/learn/when-something-scary-happens/
A Daily Newsletter for children https://www.pbs.org/parents/pbskidsdaily
For children and adults with learning and thinking differences. https://www.understood.org/en/school-learning/coronavirus-latest-updates
Helping families and educators make sense of a media drenched world. (Includes Spanish language resources) https://www.commonsensemedia.org/resources-for-families-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic
Mental Health Resources
Feeling Worried/Angry/Confused? Try these actions in order to come to place of increased calm.
IF THIS IS A LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
If you feel too much stress inside, you can try the following to help come back to your Resilient Zone. Some will work better for you than others. So use the one(s) that fit the best for you.
- Drink a glass of water or juice.
- If you are outside, touch the surface of something in nature…grass, a tree, water…whatever is in the environment.
- Look around the space where you are – inside or outside – paying attention to anything that catches your attention.
- Name six colors you see in the space that you are in – outside or inside.
- Count backwards from 20 as you walk around the room.
- If you’re inside, notice the furniture and touch the surface – noticing if it is hard, soft, rough, cold, warm, etc…
- Notice the temperature of the space – is it cold, warm, hot, just right?
- Notice the sounds within the space – inside or outside.
- If you’re outside or inside, walk and pay attention to the movement in your arms and legs and how your feet are making contact with the ground.
- Push your hands against the wall or door slowly and notice your muscles pushing. Or push your back against a surface (wall, tree, etc.) and notice your back and legs making contact with the surface.
If you are still distressed or if you are feeling suicidal or not like yourself and need to speak with someone, you can call 1-800-273-8255 – the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline/Veterans Crisis Line. You can also text the Crisis Text Line at 741741 from anywhere in the U.S. For More see: http://www.ichillapp.com/
Quick Yoga hosted by an Episcopalian Priest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPPKmdHm_E&feature=youtu.be
Mindfulness/Guided Meditation From UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
For more free meditations from UCLA: https://www.uclahealth.org/marc/audio
From FCC Pomona website: https://fccpomona.org/spirituality/guided-meditations/